Saturday, August 2, 2014

Officially a Fulbright Candidate!

It is with bouncing-off-the-walls excitement to announce that I've been nominated as a candidate by the Fulbright Commission to be a Teaching Assistant at the Pedagogy University in Linz, Austria!  Right at the time when I'm brainstorming plans on how I'm going to stay in Europe, I receive this invitation.  I can't remember the last time I've felt so excited and humbled about such an accomplishment.

In other news, I've been in Schwerte, Germany for the past two weeks at the International Opera Academy.  In addition from receiving daily lessons and coachings from accomplishment teachers here, agents have come to hear us sing and give us personal advice about ourselves as well as insight about the good, bad and the ugly of the opera world.  Fact: Almost three quarters of all operas performed in the world are in Germany and Austria.  I'm definitely in the heart of it all the action.  I've learned just as much about how the business of opera works in Germany and Austria as I have with my own vocal technique and artistry here at the program.  Spending the past two weeks performing with such talented and motivated musicians has taught me so much. It will definitely be sad saying goodbye to the people and experience, as no one in the program is ready for it to end, but the opera world is definitely a small one, as two of the singers here I had already met last summer at a program, so I'm sure paths will cross again.

I will be posting pictures within the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment