Sunday, November 9, 2014

What the fog?

This week I visited Steyr and Gmunden with my room mate, Euleane (from France) and went to the the Haribo Factory in Linz.  Steyr and Gmunden (both in Upper Austria) were each about an hours drive from Linz.  Steyr is an ancient 1,000+ year old city directly south of Linz and borders the Kalkalpen National Forest.  There are two rivers that run through the city and the buildings have really beautiful architecture. Gmunden is located on Traunsee (lake) and is surrounded by mountains that skiers visit in the winter.  Gmunden is also known for it's health and summer resorts.  It was foggy everywhere we went today, the usual for this time of year, so despite the fact that we couldn't see the mountains, both cities were gorgeous and full of colorful trees.

Steyr:

Gmunden:

Traunsee

City hall






Goose that followed alongside us during the whole walk:



Whenever I see sailboats, I think of my sister and her boyfriend who sail in Miami.  Sailing and fishing on the lakes of Austria is definitely a popular sport.

We saw special parking for women in the parking deck. It was closest to the exit. Chivalry?

I try and get some jogs in my schedule up to Pöstlingberg in Linz.  Last week there was a beautiful day without fog, about 65 degrees Fahrenheit, and the snow capped Alpine skyline was visible:

Haribo Factory store:

In other news, Euleane and I have been temporarily fostering three 12-week old kittens.  I'm not a cat person, but they're pretty darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment