Monday, October 12, 2015

Barcelona

Ah, Barcelona. My hopes were high for you given how fun and beautiful I heard you were from so many different people. However, I gotta say you were a let down. From the food to the people. Maybe it's just a Catalonian thing? Are all the Catalonians unfriendly and rude as you are or is it an overall Spanish/Mediterranean thing? Valencia treated me well. It was pretty and nice, but that's about all I can say. Maybe 4.5 days in Barcelona was too long in Barcelona. Too many tourists in the streets, too many panhandlers on the beach yelling "sangria, mojitoooo" in a rhythmic pattern that you end up chanting yourself throughout the day subconsciously. Even right now, a month later, I am chanting it. Never the less, I am glad I finally went. Erin and I enjoyed winding through the endless alleyways window shopping, people watching and browsing the endless amounts of quirky boutiques and quaint cafes.
































No comments:

Post a Comment